Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2007 6:56:59 AM EDT
Hey guys I own a .45 XD tactical & I truly love it. First pistol I ever owned & the first gun I ever owned couldn't be happier. I've been looking for someone who makes a recoil buffer for this fine firearm & just haven't been able to find one. Do you guys know of any?
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
are you asking about a hevier recoil spring, or one of those little plasit buffers that you insert into the gun?

if so i would recomend against the recoil buffer thing a ma jig.
go to www.pistolgear.com they have ss guide rds DGR's as a matter of fact and a bunch of wolff springs that you can put in there. that is exactly what i did to my xd service model .40 the recoil is about the same i guess i can't tell a difference but there is a difference in the muzzle flip. you can get different weights depending on what you are gonna do with the weapon.

btw congrats on the gun that is an excellent choice. i am the proud owner of 2 xd's.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I do want to get a heavier recoil spring but I was talking about those little plastic thing's.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The places that impact a 1911 buffer are not their for the XD to use a buffer.  The metal to metal impact is on the XD is made for this, use different springs if you want to change the feel.
It is a nice pistol to shoot, and I need to get out more with mine,
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Well I do want to get a heavier recoil spring but I was talking about those little plastic thing's.

ok sorry, but i don't have any expeience with them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't want to do this to change the feel of my gun because I love how the feel is now. But when you have metal hitting against metal something will give eventually I just want to do it to prolong the life of my gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top