Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2003 12:40:33 PM EDT

(tossed the HK in with my 1911's since it is basically my poly framed double action 1911 )
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Cute kids!   :O)

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good looking kids. Can I become their godfather and can I have visitation rights? Regards, Richard
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What are the pedigrees for all the 1911's.  I see the compact is  a Springfield.  Is it true of all of them?  Hace any been sent off to finishing school (i.e. a smith)?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What are the pedigrees for all the 1911's.  I see the compact is  a Springfield.  Is it true of all of them?  Hace any been sent off to finishing school (i.e. a smith)?

Top left, Springfield Loaded Operator.
Top right, Springfield Loaded Parkerized.
Bottom left, Springfield Mil-spec Micro Compact.
Bottom left, HK USP 45.

None of them have seen finishing school. No need. They came already refined by their maker. I do plan on having all three 1911's refinished by the SA Custom Shop in Black Armory Kote. Thats it other than adding some Wilson mags and getting a Surefire for the Operator so that the wife can have the M3 for her Glock 34.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
How you like the "operator" ??

I really want to get one of those.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#6]
It is an outstanding gun. This one has been flawless for me and is very accurate. The added weight of the frame and the light, make shooting even 200 gr +P rounds out of it fun. Very little muzzle rise and recoil. Points very well for me. The USP was going to be my house gun but this one has that duty hands down. The USP is my SHTF swamp gun. If you want one to customize yourself, get the mil-spec Operator. Mine is the Loaded and has everything I wanted from the factory. Next step up would be the TRP Operator.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You sir, are a lucky, lucky man.  Beautiful collection!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#8]
How did ya get 'em to sit still long enough to take that picture?
Hawkeye...a proud dad indeed!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How did ya get 'em to sit still long enough to take that picture?
Hawkeye...a proud dad indeed!

Took a little coercing, but I threatened to not take them to the range next time I go and they froze for a minute for me to take the pic.

Seriously though, they have all be outstanding guns and 100% flawless function.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Hawkeye,
That is sweet. I have the same two Springfields (Loaded UC and the non-operator full-size).
My UC is the aluminum framed.

Does your full-size have the slotted two-piece rod or the allen head? My older slotted 2-piece guide rod will separate while shooting if I do not temporary Locktight on it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Both the Fullsize and the Operator have the allen head guide rods. I tighten them down good and snug and havent had any problems to date.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#12]
It warms my heart to see such a happy family.  And a family that shares(ammo), that is really touching.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#13]
It sure does keep the logistics to a minimum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top