Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 6:54:17 PM EDT
Well guys I have a new XD9 4inch and I love it so much better that any of my other handguns.  I want it in a 45 too, I was wondering what you guys think?  Should I stick with another 4incher or go up to the 5inch on the XD45.  I plan on using this gun at the range and for some carry when I dont carry my XD9.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 4" service model XD45 and find it very accurate at 51'.
That said, I personally don't see any advantage in the 5' tactical model for my own use.

Anyone with more shooting than me, thats probably most of you, want to weigh in on the 5" model's advantages?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned six XD's (including a 45acp) and they've all been 4". I've handled the bigger (and smaller) versions but for me I see no reason not to get a Service Model.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#3]
i'd get the 5in

its not going to be a CCW weapon, so you might as well get more bbl and longer sight radius
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#4]
go with the five incher' ive had way better accuracy on the tac model, you will like it alot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have  a 5" in .40, couldn't be happier.

Unless..............

I had a .45 too
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any websites that have a review up yet for the tac. model because i think that i will go with it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I have both 4 and 5 inch in .45 acp

The last 4 times I have been to the range , I brought both , to shoot and see which I like better, and then trade the other off.

I simply can not tell the difference in accuraccy or felt recoil, with most ammo. The 5 inch seemed to handle +P with  SLIGHTLY less pop.

The 4 inch has the double recoil spring, the 5 inch does not , but uses its longer length to soak up the difference. My 4 inch also has a little extra beef at the last 1/2 inch of the barrel , providing a tighter fit there sv. the Tac.

After todays session, I am choosing the 4 inch as the keeper.

Both are excellent pistols with no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top