Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 3:07:04 PM EDT
What's overtravel?  I saw somebody mention it earlier.

I have a new XD9201 and I tend to push to the upper left (right handed), very consistantly.  In other words, all my bullets end up between the 9 and 12 spot.  I've tried different things and it turns out that I can't hit between 6 and 9 at all.  The pistol grip seems small and the HK USP.45 fits perfectly.  I'm guessing overtravel is either pushing the trigger and gun to the 4th quadrant or it's taking 6 airports to get from Dallas to Houston.

TIA

Michael
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm guessing overtravel is either pushing the trigger and gun to the 4th quadrant

I have no idea what you're describing here, but "overtravel" is where the trigger travels past the point where the sear releases the hammer.

Unless you're a top echelon competitive shooter, it's not worth worrying about, IMO.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Im not a top eschelon competitive shooter and I had mine adjusted by SA because it was too long.  I just plain dont like it.  If you consistently shoot in the same area, your consistent.  Adjust your rear sight.  Its a total bitch because of the pin SA puts in it to hold it in place, but with a site push tool and a vise, you can snap it loose.  While your at it, replace those sites with some tritiums and your good to go!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top