Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 4:23:13 PM EDT
Just curious and anyone know if Safariland will ever offer the Raptor for the XD45?

I'd try to get one authorized for duty and ditch my P220 if I could find a Raptor to fit.  

The XD45acp fits my hand better than my P220.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait.  As soon as they get them out and agencies start looking at them, I think you'll start seeing some being issued.  The biggest problem is getting the XD the same price as the glocks.  When your buying 100+ handguns, 50 dollars a pistol means a lot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a deputy and we provide and choose our own firearms..... I will be carryinng an XD45 next time I qualify ... I contacted desantis about holsters for them and they said they are in R&D right now and that holsters should be out in mid april for them,,,
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Safariland may already offer one, have you called and asked?

I know when I bought my XD, none of the online sites offered a Safariland holser for it. But a quick visit to OMB and they were able to order one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailed Safariland and there are level 2 holsters available.    Currently they offer the 6280/6285 and the 6004/6005.   My agency requires a level 3 rig.   I really like the Raptor holster for it's ease of use.   I guess I'll be waiting to replace the Sig for a little while till Safariland catches up.    
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just wait.  As soon as they get them out and agencies start looking at them, I think you'll start seeing some being issued.  The biggest problem is getting the XD the same price as the glocks.  When your buying 100+ handguns, 50 dollars a pistol means a lot.

Weird...around me, XD's are usually 50-100 dollars cheaper than Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weird...around me, XD's are usually 50-100 dollars cheaper than Glocks.

Glock offers significant discounts to LEO. But I can't imagine it being hard for Springfield to discount the guns, because it seems like any discount would put them way below Glock's LEO pricing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I emailed Safariland and there are level 2 holsters available.    Currently they offer the 6280/6285 and the 6004/6005.   My agency requires a level 3 rig.   I really like the Raptor holster for it's ease of use.   I guess I'll be waiting to replace the Sig for a little while till Safariland catches up.    

hey mr.45 i have a 6280 in level 3,you just need to add the century latch to go from level 2 to level 3.  I got my century at a local LE supply shop for $8. Hope this helps.  Stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey mr.45 i have a 6280 in level 3,you just need to add the century latch to go from level 2 to level 3.  I got my century at a local LE supply shop for $8. Hope this helps.  Stay safe.

What is the century latch?   Is it a safariland part?   Is this the plastic piece to secure the triggerguard?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Its a SENTRY, and all it does is require one more step to roll the hood forward. I dont like it, as its much slower that a true Level 3, such as the 070.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I dont think it would qualify with my agency as a level 3 with just the hood.   I currently use a Raptor and with practice it's a very quick and secure rig.   I'll just hold out till safariland catches up I guess.    

Also I talked to the training sgt and they dont want to approve another pistol and are trying to take our optional guns away so we all go to glocks

The arguement was so we could interchange mags if the shtf.   I explained of course that if the S did HTF my .45cal mags wouldnt fit the more common .40 anyhow.   They countered with it will fit someone's 45.   Once again I pointed out that if they shot 30 plus rounds without hitting the bad guy I'm damned sure not giving up my limited ammo supply to mr spray-and-pray.  

I guess I'll be hitting up the training LT next.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 with the not wanting to give up ammo. Can I think up situations where I might want to do that...but the odds are extremely low any of them would happen. I can only think of one situation in that area where that happened and they were under sniper fire from several hundred yards away, so they were just shooting to keep heads down.

I think it would be better to let the officers carry a gun they are comfortable with and will enjoy shooting more, so they get more practice in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top