Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2002 12:23:01 PM EDT
Ok, now that I've got my new carry wep, can anyone recommend some good holsters and concealed carry holsters to try?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The first and most important thing is to get a good belt. Even an inexpensive holster will work well with a good belt but the best hoster in the world will be uncomfortable if you try to use it with a dress belt.

High Noon Holsters was the first company I know of to make holsters for the HS/XD. Back when I got my Gen 1 HS2K I got Micheal to start making them and he now has a full line for all the XDs in both 40S&W and 9mm. Be carefull because the 40S&W is slightly wider than the 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've tried a lot of holsters, and my current all around favorite is the COP 3-SLOT from Galco.

It works great using the cross draw slot on the strong side, conceals good, rides high (which I like), and is the easiest one-hand no look reholster model I have ever had!

Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a website?
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to www.hs2000talk.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi .  It's all about XD's There are several post there about holsters for the XD.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been there already... a lot of talk about holsters and belts, but not a lot of recommendations for really good concealed-carry rigs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been there already... a lot of talk about holsters and belts, but not a lot of recommendations for really good concealed-carry rigs.

Blisters

First get a good belt. Even an inexpensive holster will work with a good belt but even the most expensive holster will be unstable and uncomfortable with a dress type belt.

On the subject of CCW it's pretty hard to give someone real suggestions. That's like picking a handgun. It depends on how you're built, what you do, how you dress, what the weather is like, how experienced you are, what the local laws require...

Like most people, I can tell you what has worked for me. Will that help you? Probably not.

Here is what you should do. Call Michael at HNH. Tell him what gun you have, what you do for a living, how you normally dress, what part of the country you live in and any other questions he asks. He'll suggest one or two of his models. Trust him and buy them. He stands behind his products 100% and want you to have what workd for you. If necessary he'll trade what you first selected for something that will work better FOR YOU.

But remember, nobody out here can pick what will work best for you anymore than we can pick the right gun for you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
That seems like some sound advice. I guess my concern is that I normally dress business casual (no where to conceal on the belt) or very casual (jeans or shorts + t-shirt), which also leaves little to conceal without wearing a jacket. In Las Vegas, you wear a jacket for four months in the year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay. In that case think about a tuckable in the waistband. These are designed so that you can wear them inside your pants and tuck your shirt in between the holster and your belt. Also, consider wearing a shirt loose, not tucked in, dark or bright designs to break up any outlines. With a shirt worn loose you can use either a IWB or a pancake style holster.

Generally a holster with belt loops separated and outside the pistol section will hold the gun tighter to your body and creat a gradual swelling that is less noticeable than the sudden lup you get from holsters that have the clip right on top the pistol.

Take a look at the ones from High Noon. Also, check with Tucker Gunleather and also take a look at the holsters from Lou Alessi. You can see some of Lous at R F Holsters.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, you've been a great help. I am checking these sites out and I'm sure I'll find what I need.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
You may want to look at the Milt Sparks Versa max II IWB holster. Distributes the weight evenly and extremely comfortable. Also The Mark Walden holsters from Gunners alley are great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top