Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 3:38:34 PM EDT
Anyone know of grip mods to the XDs, expressly filling in the CZ type cutout on the backstrap?  The XD would bea great service pistol to those that are used to 1911s if this was filled slightly.  In the gunshop where I purchased the XD it felt good in the hand and pointed like my kimber, so I bought it.  After firing it the first time it wants to roll up in the hand and points skyward for the 2nd shot.  Not limpwristingor anything, the backstrap just is too rounded for me.  It would probably be better if there was about 1/4" filled in in this spot around the grip safety.  Make it point more naturally.  That seems to be my only complaint with the weapon, accuracy is decent for service pistol and reliability has been as good as my sigs and kimber, though accuracy isn't as good as those two brands.  If I can't get the grip changed I will probably part company with it. Splits between doubletaps is .3-.4 sec slower with the XD compared to my sig pro.  Sight alignment for the second shot is slowed because the rearsight has the SA logo centered in it.  This is a consistant problem whether drawn from holster or in the ready position for the first shot.  I realize that if the backstrap is filled around the gripsafety 1/4" then the GS will need to be modified or disconnected.  Any Ideas are appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
have a look at the glock forums.. someone did something very simular to their glock a while back..

might be worth a look
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Anarx for the heads up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top