Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 7:11:55 PM EDT
Just curious. My guess is that Mc-Gar makes them for SA? Nice looking mags by the way
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think they are made by Mec-gar.  They are the same magazines that come with the non-Springfield version.  I would assume they are made by the same Croatian company that makes the pistol.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
For the XD-9 last year the switch from 15rd to 16rd magazines was also a switch from mags being made in house to mags being made by Mec-Gar. The 45acp mags appear similar in construction to the 16rd mags so I would guess Mec-Gar makes the 45acp mags also but this is only a guess.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailed Mec-Gar 2 weeks ago about the XD45acp mags, since I acquired a XD45acp 4" Service Model.  They told me that production will start in late spring and expect the mags to be available for sale sometime between late summer/early fall.  

Right now, you can only get mags directly from Springfield Armory, which are $26 + shipping each.  Here's the contact info:

Patti Boyer
1-800-680-6866 extension 8924
email: [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder when they will be available at your local gun shop like the other mags ?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The same firm that makes signaling mirrors for downed Air Force pilots...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top