Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:26:16 AM EDT
I'm thinking about buying an operator full length rail but have a few Q's

Will this pistol fit in a normal 1911 holster...I'm guessing not

How do they shoot?  Accuracy?  Reliability?  any major tuning needed out of the box?

-Matt
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
No, it will not fit in a standard 1911 holster.

It is my understanding that the recoil should be a bit less, with the heavier weight of the frame, compared to a standard 1911.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
As above, no it will not.  There are a lot of makers who build for it though.

My has been great.  I have been shooting it for about 4 years now very regularly.  I have replaced the spring a half dozen times or so, but that is it.

I have been VERY satisfied with it.  Accurate and very reliable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I got lucky and bought the "old" loaded operator with the full length rail .  It shoots like a champ, and ive never had a problem.......not one.  With the TRP, you get all the goodies out of the box.  I wouldnt think you need to do anything more to it.  I bought the loaded so i could kind of build it to my specs.  My advice is if you like all the options of the TRP get it, if you want to do your own work, pay less and get the MC.  Then use the money you saved to pimp your gun out.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe SA isn't making the full-length rail operators anymore. They are being discontinued this year.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
 I love mine, my favorite 1911 of all.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 I love mine, my favorite 1911 of all.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/alizinat/000_0018.jpg

Damn you evil Temptress!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two.  I bought the second one after having the first one a couple of months because I liked it so much  I like the gun alot.  The long frame with the extra weight out front makes for a tamer recoil and quicker double taps.  Smooth slide, ok to good trigger, nice balance and nice looking firearm.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Like everyone else, I like my TRP Operator the best of all my Springfields.  I use mine for 3-Gun Tac Matches and it fits my Safariland 6004 holster.  I had to reshape the holster a bit but it now fits like a glove (without the light mounted).  I took a "heat shrink gun" used for electircal wiring and heated the holster until it was soft enough to mold with my fingers.  While it was still hot, I put the gun in the holster and started to mold it around the light rail.  After the holster cooled the fit was perfect.  The Operator only wears the Streamlight TLR-1 light when it is in my night stand for home protection.

MadDog

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top