Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:58:46 PM EDT
My hands might just be huge, but the thumb on my left hand rubs on the takedown lever.  I usually put the thumb along the slide, but its kinda blocked.  And if I fire a round like that it causes discomfort on the thumb.  

As a result I have to change my grip up a bit when I shoot the XD.  Any way to fix this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't it obvious?  Lop off the thumb.  

I guess you either need to adjust the position of your thumb or find a firearm that better fits your big mitts.  I don't think there's anything you can do to the XD per se.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Isn't it obvious?  Lop off the thumb.  

I guess you either need to adjust the position of your thumb or find a firearm that better fits your big mitts.  I don't think there's anything you can do to the XD per se.

Yeah, its not really a huge issue.  I was just wondering if it was the same for anyone else or if my hands are just huge.  I've already adjusted to a new comfortable grip.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have small hands and I noticed the same thing. Not really a big deal, though. I just move the thumb a little. The 45 acp is a huge improvement over the Glock 21 and I will make my adjustments without too much complaining.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno, I just got my XD-45acp today and put 50 rounds through it. The take down lever didn't seem to bother me any, and my hands are extremely large.

Scout
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top