Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 10:46:59 AM EDT
I say sort of, because my right hand had a case of the trembles, as if I had been exerting my arm to the extreme (I hadn't, and keep the cracks to yourself!)...I don't know why, but it was! This did not help the groups, thats for sure!

Anyway, I took my new XD45 and Taurus 145 to the range today to shoot for the first time. All I have at present is wolf 230gr ammo, so thats what I used.

Using a redfield sight-in target with a bullseye hold, I was hitting mostly between 0-3 inches low, with a few a inch or two high, and a spread of up to 6 or 7" wide. How much this spread can be attributed to the trembling and how much to the ammo and how much to the gun is questionable.  I used a bench rest on the first two mags. For all the remaining magazines, I had the gun cupped in my hands and resting on the bench.

I had a failure to feed on the 3rd magazine. This was out of about 5 magazines, or 65 rounds.

For the last mag, I put up a fresh target, and shot a spread of 1.5" above zero to 4 inches above zero, with a spread width of about 6", and two flyers. Again, This may be because of the trembling in my hand, the ammo, or the gun.
Naturally, break-in and different ammo may make a difference. we'll see!

Range report for the Taurus in that section!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top