Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:37:37 PM EDT
Who does that song that they play in the XD .45 intro on the Springfield Armory website, that is a sweet song for an even sweeter pistol, any help is appreciated, i'd like to buy that CD.

heres the URL

http://www.springfield-armory.com/index.shtml
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Who does that song that they play in the XD .45 intro on the Springfield Armory website, that is a sweet song for an even sweeter pistol, please help because I must buy that CD.

heres the URL

www.springfield-armory.com/index.shtml

Link made hot.

Don't know who does the song, but it kind of sounds a little like The Cult.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the Red Hot Chili Peppers.   It's the beginning of the song Around the World from their album Californication.

I'm not really a big fan of theirs, but Flea(their bassist) does kicks ass on bass.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you much
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Upon reviewal, I don't think it's them, not the same song anyways, I downloaded around the world on Rhapsody and they are similar, but not the same. The search continues.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Upon reviewal, I don't think it's them, not the same song anyways, I downloaded around the world on Rhapsody and they are similar, but not the same. The search continues.

I don't know what you downloaded from Rhapsody, but the song on the Springfield web site is most definitely the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  I have Around the World from the CD and it sounds exactly the same(except for the lower fidelity and shorter length of the online version).

Here is the first 40 seconds from the CD version...AroundTheWorld.mp3(removed because I think my point was made)

The Springfield version has the first couple of seconds chopped off and ends before the main part of the song begins.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad someone else noticed that, I thought I was hearing things.  I wonder how long before RHC sue Springfield.  There is NO WAY RHC are RTKBA supporters.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm, I stand corrected I guess, maybe rhapsody mislabeled it or something, thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who does that song that they play in the XD .45 intro on the Springfield Armory website, that is a sweet song for an even sweeter pistol, please help because I must buy that CD.

heres the URL

Link made hot.

Please don't disrespect The Cult like that anymore.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
id have to say that it is the song breadfan that metallica covered on garage inc.  Its not the same thing on the album,   just same music played by someone else.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
id have to say that it is the song breadfan that metallica covered on garage inc.  Its not the same thing on the album,   just same music played by someone else.

As stated above, it's "Around The World" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It has a very similar, if not exact, bass line as Breadfan. But, it is not Breadfan. It is the Chili Peppers as half the site as already stated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:50:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm pretty sure that's Audioslave definatley sounds like Chris Cornell I just cant remember the name of the song will post it later
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:15:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

heres the URL

Link made hot.

Please don't disrespect The Cult like that anymore.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that's Audioslave definatley sounds like Chris Cornell I just cant remember the name of the song will post it later

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#15]
i'm pretty sure that's metallica.  not the chilli peppers.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i'm pretty sure that's metallica.  not the chilli peppers.

I'm pretty sure you're absolutley wrong.  The intro to Breadfan, while similar, is not the same.  It's not even played on a bass guitar, it's a 6-string.  

Just kidding, I'm 100% positive you're wrong.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I am pretty sure it is Breadfan, but I think that Metallica covered it so theirs is different than this version.  I could be am wrong.

Yup, damn similar intros, but it is RHCP...

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#18]
FOR THE LAST TIME, IT IS NOT BREADFAN
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
FOR THE LAST TIME, IT IS NOT BREADFAN

Come on, it is not like anyone listens to the Red Hot Chili Peppers...jees..
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm almost positive that's Led Zeppelin - Hair of the Dog. I have that on their Live at Leeds album.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:52:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Sound like the chile peppers to me.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top