Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:11:18 PM EDT
Can I get some of your guys thoughts on what the trigger pull is like on these XD's.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Better than a glocks, especially with a canyon creek trig. job.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Its longer than I'd like.  Canyon Creek trigger job is on my list of things to do...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I correct in assuming that they are double action?  Can't find any info on their website.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
yes they are double action but they are different than a glocks double action.  Right now with  a C.Creek trig job my pull is  around 4.5 lbs same as my 1911.

Best bet to try things is to go to a sporting goods shop and dry fire a glock and the Xd.  Only then will you be able to see what you would like.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
How much is the Canyon Creek trigger job?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The XD is not a double action. It is a striker fired single action. You can not just pull the trigger again on a FTF round. You must manually re-cock the striker by working the slide to try a second hit on the round. The XD is not a true single action either due to the lack of a hammer or the ability to externally cock the pistol.

ETA: To answer the original question. The trigger is a bit long in pull. It does work in and smooth out a lot over time. I would suggest a lot of dryfiring as part of the breakin of a new XD.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Can a guy perform a decent trigger job on his own?  What is involved in the Canyon Creek job?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]
whats the advantage of going canyon creek over having springfield do it?  factory price is 95 for 4 to 4.5 and 35 for overtravel adjustment
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]
$95 to $135 to unfuck a brand new gun?  Sounds like it should wear the name colt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I had mine done at the factory for $125 and it reduced the overtravel signifigantly and the pull is now an even 4lbs.  Its well worth the money as pretty much any new pistol you buy will need a trigger job done on it.  Downside was the turn-around time.  I guess everyone sent theirs in at the same time as it took them 7 weeks to get it back to me.  Worth it though.  I have plenty of backups.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I sent my gun to C.Creek for the trigger job and to coat the slide OD green.  
I sent my gun away and had it back in a week.  I called Springfield for a turn around time quote and they said about 3 months.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top