Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 10:53:20 AM EDT
Crappy little job I did.

The story:
I currently own a USP .40 Fullsize. I've been looking temptingly at CDNN's USP .45 ads for a while now. However, with the news of the XD45ACP, it looked very appealing. But, the biggest problem I've had with my gigantor hands is I almost can't engage the grip safety while maintaining proper trigger finger position. I think this picture explains why:

The rear "tang" of the USP is MUCH deeper than the XD. As a result, I think the tables are turned. People with BIG hands would not like the XD.

Anyway, since I had already made up the image, I thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pic.  I was wondering about the size difference between the full size USPs and the new XD.  Isn't the USP 45 even bigger in all dimensions than the .40?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nice pic.  I was wondering about the size difference between the full size USPs and the new XD.  Isn't the USP 45 even bigger in all dimensions than the .40?

Yes, the .45 is 0.25" longer and 0.2" taller. However, the biggest difference is in the grip. To accomodate the larger round, the grip feels significantly thicker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top