Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 12:42:13 PM EDT
I want to put a lanyard on my XD, but the only way I see right now is to drill a hole in the hollow "mainspring housing" on the grip.  Any help?
thanks
Icon
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it...  Tell us how it works out.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I need to get more info on the polymer used for the frame.  I am going to call springfield in the morning but was wandering if anyone has tried it, or knows if it will work.  
Icon
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Besides the two 'Because I can' and 'Beacuse I want to', what reason for the lanyard?

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#4]
What about using an expanding insert ?
In the open hole in the bottom that how my magwell installs
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Besides the two 'Because I can' and 'Beacuse I want to', what reason for the lanyard?

A friend owns some property where we go and shoot, two weeks ago I lost my new XD while riding a four wheeler.  It too three hours to back-track our steps to find it.
Icon
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A friend owns some property where we go and shoot, two weeks ago I lost my new XD while riding a four wheeler.  It too three hours to back-track our steps to find it.
Icon

HOly cow that would suck.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I want to put a lanyard on my XD, but the only way I see right now is to drill a hole in the hollow "mainspring housing" on the grip.  Any help?
thanks
Icon

You had better call SA...It may void your warranty!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 to the warranty issue. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think SA would want you doing that to your XD.  

Couldn't you just use a holster? I wouldn't want to drill holes into my XD. My holster cost me $18 and it works great (both IWB/OWB).
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Icon

Yikes how about a Blackhawk indst. holster with SERPA  to lock it in place
I have one for my 1911 and it works great

Black Hawk CQC SERPA
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a blade tech tatical holster, but the woods at spots has  thick underbrush and snaged it out when I was on the four wheeler.  I called springfeild and they said not to drill the frame becase it will weaken the frame to the point that it will cause it to crack.   I made an elastic loop that goes around the grip and holds the lanyard, after 20 min of using it as a yo-yo nothing came loose so I think I got it.  I will post pics as soon as I can
Icon
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#11]
When I ride quads I use a military M12 nylon flap holster.   You will not lose your gun and it will be well protected.    I wouldnt go poking holes in it.   You may want to trade it in on the .45acp XD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top