Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 7:43:38 PM EDT
I just bought a New XD .40 and I was wondering what your XD has stamped on the top of your slide.

Mine has Springfield Armory and 2 other works and Croatia  below it....and I was just wondering if these is the norm.  Also my front sight can be adjusted side to side, along with the rear.  The other XD's I have seen have the front sight coming up from the bottom of the slide.  Will post pics as soon as I can.

Ant
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, mine has the SA crossed cannons, ringed banner with Springfield Armory on top and Produckt Karlovac, then Croatia underneath it. My front sight is dovetailed, not sure about the 3" and 4" they might be staked on instead of dovetailed. As I am sure you assumed I have the 5" Tactical OD grn frame.

ETA: Did a little research. I think Karlovac is the city in Croatia where the armory is that produces the pistols for Springfield. Which leads me to believe the "Produckt Karlovac" means roughly product of Karlovac, Croatia. Makes sense to me, not sure if it's right though. Maybe someone else will post that knows for sure.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the stainless 4" and it is dovetailed. Yes they are made in Croatia.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#3]
All Xd sights are dove tail and yes they are from croatia
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just bought a New XD .40 and I was wondering what your XD has stamped on the top of your slide.

Ant

Mine has the crossed cannons with Springfield Armory at the top and Carlstadt,Croatia on the bottom. It also has XD-40 Croatia on the left side and XD SA USA on the right. It also has SA-XD on the grip panels. I have noticed mine is a little different than others, but mine is one of the very first ones made. I have fired 2500+ rounds with no problems.......The are a great pistol, and a keeper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top