Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:44:08 PM EDT
  has anyone used this package together? They show the M6 (or M6X not sure) on there web page mounted onto a TRP operator. I recently purchased an M6 for a good price and it will not get a good tight lock on the rail. There is a lot of forward and bakward movement when it is mounted.

I called insight last week and explained what was going on. The lady i talked to sent me a newer version of their lock bar and it still does it. I plan on trying to get a call into springfeild monday to see if they have any ideas or if they used a different moutning system on the gun on the web page. If you take the locking bar out of the unit and set it in the rail there is s signifigant gap in it.

Anyone have any ideas or sugestions??

edited to add: does anyone know what the spec is on the rails sections are supposed to be? I just checked mine and they all measure 0.2025". The lockbar on the light measures 0.1775".
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a SA Pro Rail and the m3 fits rock solid.  Not sure about m6.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I think there are two versions of the lockbar that come with the insight lights. Mine did. One is for the Glock rail and the other is supposed to be for Mil Spec Rails. Could this be your problem?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think there are two versions of the lockbar that come with the insight lights. Mine did. One is for the Glock rail and the other is supposed to be for Mil Spec Rails. Could this be your problem?

Hmm, that would actually make sense. the lady i talked to at insight didnt mention it when i talked to her tho?? Is there any way you could possibly post pics of the 2 lockbars that came with yours so that i could see the difference in them?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My M3 only came with one, but I bought it when they first came out.  My Surefires have two locking bars though, and the Glock one is definitely slimmer.  Let us know if you have an extra bar that works.  I never use my M3 on my Operator anymore as a result.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top