Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 2:11:53 PM EDT
Anyone heard about this or is it just a rumor?  I heard it will be a compact. anyone have any pic's or info ?
Thanks Ranger99
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I think there was an article about it in some gun magazine like a month ago.  JMB must be vomiting in his grave
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It was on the cover of American Rifleman about 6 months ago.  It's a compact model, and it's about 85% the size of a 45ACP compact model, being completely re-engineered from the frame up.  I have the magazine at work, so no pics for now.  

I cannot remember if it's the proportions of an Ultra Compact or a Micro Compact, but it looked like a loaded Micro Compact in all black.  It's a great concept for those who like 1911s but find the size just a little too big, and I'll be putting one together for my wife if they ever come out with it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Played with one at the NRA show in Houston this summer.  Checked around and it's not out yet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
For the love of all that is Good and Sacred, WHY??????
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
it's an answer to a non-existant problem for me.  i have absolutely no interest in something that at least for now, gives me what i can already have in a 45 acp, but much more expensively (ammo).
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Blasphemy

` 45
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
on a different note....  Does anybody know what happened to the 50 GI.?  Did it just not catch on?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone heard about this or is it just a rumor?  I heard it will be a compact. anyone have any pic's or info ?
Thanks Ranger99

It's the cover story on the July/August issue of American Handgunner.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For the love of all that is Good and Sacred, WHY??????

Because a standard 1911 does not fit everyone's hands well.  I don't see what's so hard to understand about the concept - .45ACP performance in package smaller than what is physically possible with .45ACP.

How can having more firearm choices be a bad thing?...

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks Ranger99

www.americanhandgunner.com/FTR07.html
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
A "standard" 1911 doesn't fit my hands well either, but with a transition to thin grips, the 1911 handles like a dream.....

Quoted:

When it's clearly a solution looking for a problem!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A "standard" 1911 doesn't fit my hands well either, but with a transition to thin grips, the 1911 handles like a dream.....

Quoted:

Again, the "problem" is obvious in the extreme (size/grip/comfort limitations of the .45ACP) - with all due respect, just because you don't experience it doesn't make it any less real or valid.

There are people out there who want .45 performance but cannot handle traditional ".45-sized" guns - this gun/cartridge combination may very well be a solution to their problem.  Again, I say this not a bad thing.

I hate that it offends the sensibilities of some of the "purists" out there, but that's no reason IMHO to dismiss the whole concept outright... let the market decide.  If it's such a horrible idea, ten years from now folks will ask ".45GAP who?"  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:09:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, the "problem" is obvious in the extreme (size/grip/comfort limitations of the .45ACP) - with all due respect, just because you don't experience it doesn't make it any less real or valid.

There are people out there who want .45 performance but cannot handle traditional ".45-sized" guns - this gun/cartridge combination may very well be a solution to their problem.  Again, I say this not a bad thing.

I hate that it offends the sensibilities of some of the "purists" out there, but that's no reason IMHO to dismiss the whole concept outright... let the market decide.  If it's such a horrible idea, ten years from now folks will ask ".45GAP who?"  

Well put HardShell.  Some people cannot understand anyone else's viewpoint.  Heck, if a 1911 fit's their hand, that's all that matters.  My wife is a tiny thing, and though she shoots a 1911 well, it's just a little too large in the grip for her.  I'm fairly certain a grip that is about 80% of a standard 1911 will be just the ticket.  One other item of note to anyone interested, Para is supposed to be coming out with a .45GAP also.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would you pollute the greatest hand gun of all time by making it in a .45CRAP i mean GAP??? yes it is Blasphemy
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why would you pollute the greatest hand gun of all time by making it in a .45CRAP i mean GAP??? yes it is Blasphemy

Or, you could look at it like this.  It's a testament to how great the design is.  .45GAP was developed for Glock pistols.  How sad is it for Glock that there is a demand for their pet round in a 1911 platform?  The way I see it, it's just a cartridge that allows a segment of the population to carry a 1911 that normally would not be comfortable with one.  I do think it's ironic that a major company thinks there are enough people who would rather have a .45GAP in a 1911 rahter than a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#16]
++++1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top