Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 7:43:03 AM EDT
I got a few "power" 10 and 8 round mags for my Loaded model and haven't tried them out yet.
Are these any good or should I have paid extra $$$ for Wilson mags?

JMN69
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using some 10s in  IPSC.  I have a bunch of 8s as well and have had no problems with any of them.  Several thousand rounds and no FTFs.  I've been very pleased with the quality, especially for the price.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a couple and have a few range trips completed with them. So far, so good-but no long term use.

I have used Wilson mags for a long time, and have become unhappy with the polymer followers wearing and not locking the slide back after last shot.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
power mags, IMO, are top of the line. Its all i buy, i have used wilson, springfield, and chips shooting star ones. For my 1911s, they are all i buy. NEVER had a problem!

my .02
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:19:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Same here.  Got about 6 of the 8 rounder Power Mags.  Never had a problem with them with a few thousand rounds.  I like em'.

556man
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
For the past 2 years, I have been using CMC Power Mags exclusively.  Thousands of rounds, and not a single hiccup.

I quit using Wilson Combat because of their shit followers wearing down on me...therefore neglecting to lock the slide back after the last round has been fired.  The fact that their springs weakened after a relatively short period of time didn't impress me either.

` 45
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had the same "non-locking @the last round" problems with my wilson mags.  As soon as I was using Powermags, I had no problems.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been of the opinion for a long time that the Chip McCormick's are top of the line stuff. They never fail to lock the slide back, either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top