Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 5:47:11 AM EDT
I have a Springfield PX9609L loaded model 1911 I am wanting to sell and am wondering what it is worth. It is in excellent condition and has less than 350 rounds through it. It also has a Wilson Combat Shok-Buff recoil system installed. Thanks

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
After working gun shows for years, allow me to offer a few tips, if I may?

Forget the X-amount of rds pitch. There's NO way of someone knowing or not knowing how many rds went thru a gun. A good cleaning will hide a lot of scars that 3,000 rds & one can claim 300 rds. (Not that you're doing this.)

Aftermarket add-ons add nothing (generally speaking) to a gun's value. The Wilson shok-buff kit may indeed be a nice add-on but to a buyer/dealer, it means bupkiss.

Having said all that, I'd say your gun is in the $500-600 range. Some regions it may draw a bit more, others a bit less. You might want to find a NIB price & deduct 15-20% of it & deduce value as well?

Nice looking gun, if you don't mind me asking, why are ya selling it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
^
l
l
l

what he said, with a slight explanation about region....around here, used Springfields aren't commanding much resale value.  In KY, you'd be right on average to get $450-$500 for it, simply because a brand new, never fired specimen only sells for $650 or so. (got mine for $649 at Fayette Firearms)  Guns are a lot like cars.  Once the paperwork is completed and it's paid for, it's used, and loses quite a bit of value....nevermind milage or aftermarket stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top