Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 10:32:04 AM EDT
A friend has this and is selling it.
ANYONE have any clue as to possible value?

"A Gunsite conversion of a Springfield Armory 1911 .45 auto pistol (GSP 2000). This is one of 2000 conversions produced for the millenium. Very accurate and reliable, still like new less than 50 rounds through it.

custom fitted, throated bbl. and band
custom grips, sights
3 8-rd. stainless mags (2 never used)
custom padded case"

Thank you in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I always liked those conversions, but I don't know the complete history of them.  They have done the "Gunsite Service Pistol" quite a few ways since it's inception.  I have a relative who's an insider and I'll try to get more info from him.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The first information I got is that there is no way there were 2000 of these things built, as there haven't been 2000 Gunsite pistols built since the beginning.  While your friend's marketing may be a bit off, there were guns built on Springfield Armory base guns.  The real kicker in terms of quality is who the 'smith was that worked on it.  If you can get a serial number & PM it to me I might be able to find out more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw two of those sold out here used last year.  One went for $1,000 and the other $850.  I thought the price of the $850 gun was low.  Anyway, though they are very good guns, I would not get too caught up in the little Raven on the slide and grips.  Once you cut through the marketing, you have a solid, used 1911 that will serve you well.  As far as a collector goes, I have not seen that they have any real collector value.

Treat it like any other 1911 produced in a custom shop, such as a Wilson, Les Baer, etc.  If it's in great condition like you described, I would say $1000 would be a fair price to both parties.  Just my $0.02 worth.  If you have any questions about it, consider calling Yost Bonitz Custom.  I believe Mr. Yost was involved in those guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top