Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2005 3:32:18 PM EDT
Ive been hot for a XD40 4" for along time now but recently traded for a older G19 that is in mint shape.  I like it but want a rail and the XD fits my hands better.  Should I trade it or sell it and get a XD?  or stay with what I have because its a great gun?  I dont have money for both.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the XD.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Get the XD.

Eventually I think I will....any experience you are basing that on?  Comments would be great
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to own sixteen Glocks. Now I own none. They just aren't as great as they are touted up to be. Also Glock's attitude of not admitting when they make mistakes and trying to hide potentially life-threatening problems from consumers really pisses me off.
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 6:12:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you said it yourself

I like it but want a rail and the XD fits my hands better

That should be reason enough to ditch the G19.....I'm not a Glock guy but I'm not completely against them either. I bought an XD because it fit my hands, the trigger felt better, it looked better (to me), and most importantly, I shot it better than a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Dump the Glock you will love your XD.  I bought one and within a month i bought two more. Best pistol around for the money. i would take my XD over my HK any day
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both an XD 4" and a Glock 19 and I prefer my G19 over the XD. The XD is a nice pistol though just keep that slide oiled good all the time. When I shhot them the accuracy is the same and reliability is the same. In the end it just depends on what fits your hand better I guess. I like the sights and finsh on my Glock much better the only thing I like better on my XD is the trigger pull is a little better but those three things realy depend on the shooter. I personaly think both guns are over rated. If they were both as accurate as a 1911 and had the trigger pull my steyer had then maybe I would say they were not both over rated. Still I think they are two of the best pistols out there I just do not believe in a wonder miracle perfect better than every thing pistol. I carry one of the two almost every day.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I think Im going to trade it. ........now the question is should I get a 9mm or .40
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer 9mm. The ammo is cheap and you can get some fairly potent self defense rounds for it also. Some people realy like the .40 but I do not care for how it recoils so I stick with 9mm and .45 but to each his own. They will all three do the job.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the 9mm. I shoot 300-500 rounds a week so ammo costs are a factor for me. Also there are good self defense rounds available for carry and home protection. I don't feel undergunned carrying 16rds of Gold Dot 124gr +p hollowpoints on the street.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think Im going to trade it. ........now the question is should I get a 9mm or .40

What do you have more or, 9mm or .40cal?
I'd go with the one that I don't have a ton of for a change. If there is no difference then get check criteria and needs. Like stopping power or capacity and go from there, I'm sure it's not a hard decision. "GET OFF THE FENCE"

RC
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I traded a Glock 30 for a XD in 9mm, in part for the reasons you stated; I wanted a rail, it fit my hand better and the trigger was (is) sweeter. After I bought the 9mm though, I found out I could have bought the .40 and an extra barrel in 9mm and shot both calibers from the same weapon.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I say get the XD and keep the Glock.  Never know if you'll need to arm your brethren.    Can't have too many guns.

coburn
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
From just handling the XD, it appears size wise to match the G17 vs 19.  Unless my eyes deceived me, the XD looked more bulky for CCW (handle sticks out more).  Having said that, it may not matter, & go with what you like better.  XD has better ergo's for you & floats your boat - it an obvious choice...
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Im doing it....no turning back
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I would think about parts and such, parts for the Glock are available everywhere, the XD?
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I would think about parts and such, parts for the Glock are available everywhere, the XD?

There isnt quite the market but pretty damn close.  Anything you can find I can find better
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've had no trouble finding parts for my XD.

I attended the Defensive Edge tactical pistol I and II class over the weekend. Over 800 rounds through my XD without a hiccup except for double feeds caused by mixed live ammo and snap caps in the same mag. The weekend took my XD over the 5000 round mark with no problems.
Stretch, I expect you'll be quite happy with yours.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope so I just commited to the deal and should have my XD by the end of the week
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#19]
The XD is a nice pistol. I shot one a few weeks ago for a state pistol qualification. Before then all i'd ever shot was H&K and Glock. I picked up the XD and fell in love with it. The ergonomics are simply amazing, everything is in a natural place for me and she points real well. I'll be adding an XD or 2 to my collection when i have the funds.

BTW: scored a 226/240 (94%) in case anyone was wondering.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I GOT IT!!! Awesome to say the least. I havent shot it yet but the feeling in my hand is great.  Im sending it in to have it refinished with GUNKOTE while Im on vacation so I dont have to worry about the rust problem(there is a little bit on the front finger grooves of the slide)  I also ordered a slip on grip and am going to buy a 9mm coversion barrel when funds permit
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ive been hot for a XD40 4" for along time now but recently traded for a older G19 that is in mint shape.  I like it but want a rail and the XD fits my hands better.  Should I trade it or sell it and get a XD?  or stay with what I have because its a great gun?  I dont have money for both.

I love my 4" XD 40. A blind man can shoot this thing well! I have an M3 and XS Sights Big Dot Tritium Night Sights on it.

I like XD's so much, I traded my G17 in on a 4" XD 9mm. I get it today! I've already bought another M3 and XS Sight's for it.

Glocks are great, XD's are Greater!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Lets see...

XD, high bore axis, stupid grip saftey, rust bucket tendencies.

Stay with glock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I traded a Glock 30 for a XD in 9mm, in part for the reasons you stated; I wanted a rail, it fit my hand better and the trigger was (is) sweeter. After I bought the 9mm though, I found out I could have bought the .40 and an extra barrel in 9mm and shot both calibers from the same weapon.

Glock 30 is an awesome handgun. Too bad it did not fit your girl like hands.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:33:02 AM EDT
[#24]
RUST  BUCKET

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dump the Glock you will love your XD.  I bought one and within a month i bought two more. Best pistol around for the money. i would take my XD over my HK any day

slowly back away from the crack-pipe sir and no one will get hurt
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I have never liked the feel of a glock...the XD does feel much better(and shoots better IMO)
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I sent it in to get refinished with gunkote while I was on vacation and should get it back any day.  No more rust
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top