Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 7:14:17 PM EDT
Just got it today. It's an all black 4" non-ported version (as opposed to OD green). Put about 125 rounds thru it this afternoon without a bobble. Quality is outstanding. The superb machine work reminds me of Sig Arms guns I've owned in the past. In this limited amount of shooting accuracy seemed very good. Off hand from about 15 paces I was able to put 5 rounds of Winchester 180 JHP into 2" or so on the head of an IPSC target. I've owned or shot just about every handgun on the market in the last 15 years. While I'm a died-in-the-wool 1911 man, this gun rocks! It has a very good consistent trigger (with the potential to be hot rodded), points well and has some well thought out features such as ambi mag release and grip safety. I competed in IPSC matches for better than two years with a Glock 35 and the XD is a much better system. It points much more naturally than the Glock, kinda like a 1911. {:D] My shot splits were in the .18 - .19 sec range on 10 yard steel which is about what I do with a Kimber carry 1911 and not much slower than the splits with a full blown IPSC race gun with a 2# trigger. My only complaint is that SA intends their guns to have a "six o'clock" zero and therefore the gun shoots about 3" high at 15 yards. It'll get a set of tritium sights anyway, maybe I can find a taller front sight when they are changed. I'm going to shoot it again tomorrow. It's been a while since I was this excited about a new blaster, it's that good! I've yet to hear anything bad about them and I did do some research. Anyone know who makes a decent Kydex holster for the XD?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the HS2000's when they first came out. It's been over a year now and several thousand rounds and not one single problem.

The sights are no big deal. Sights for the SiGs work just fine so you can get your sights anywhere. I have the PT night sights on my HS2K but would go to the Ashleys if I were changing them today.

I can't help on the Kydex but carry mine in a Leather holster from High Noon Holsters. You might want to look at Michaels Need For Speed. All I can say is FAST.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your new pistola! I also have a HS2000 and it's a great gun. I agree with you about the quality of the piece. There were alot of naysayers about the HS2000 and it was the best bargain going for awhile there. I like mine so much the XD40 is at the top of my "want" list.

Here are a few options for kydex holsters for your XD40...
Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech, Cen-Dex. HTH
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info! Check this out. www.hs2000talk.com/
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Put another hundred or so rounds thru the XD yesterday. All reloads, not a single bobble. I also shot it side by side with my 5" Kimber as a control and here's my thinking on the XD. It's a GREAT combat pistol, head and shoulders above the Glock or any DA design but still the 1911 is somewhat better at running high speed drills where the object is to rapidly/accurately put lead on the target. The XD is more high tech in most every regard and is much lighter (my alloy 4" Kimber is still about 4 oz heavier). It's design makes feeding most any ammo no problem and the trigger is very good for a duty gun. I think an overtravel stop for the trigger would be a substantial improvement though and would be easy to install. 1911's are picky unless you spend much more than the XD costs and C&L isn't for everyone. The XD is a winner. It's now my carry choice when I'm out on my mountain bike in the dirt but it won't replace my 1911's for day to day carry. I guess I'm just set in my ways. I'd definitely recommend the XD to someone looking for a trouble free carry piece right out of the box though. As I said, it's VERY good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top