Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2014 1:51:42 PM EDT
Ive got the green light to pick up an xd 45 service for fathers day. I was curious how the cheapo ammo lile Tula. Runs through it.I would like to train and shoot a lot with the cheap stuff like everyone else... I shot some 9mm monarch out of my m&p. I got lots of practice at clearing malfunctions. This will be my first xd. Just curious what to expect ill probably run hst 230 grain hp ammo when I put it in my edc bag
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any experience with the 45, but I have an XD9 service and it has eaten all of the steel cased ammo I have thrown its way. The only reason I don't shoot steel any more is because I reload.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The XD45 Service will run anything but semi-wad cutter bullets regardless of manufacture. Don't worry about running Tula, Wolf, WWB etc. Never had any malfunctions with mine when I ran factory ammo. I only run reloads now but wouldn't hesitate to run any kind of steel cased commie bloc stuff out there.

I highly recommend a trigger kit if you can swing it as well makes a great, reliable gun even better.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry I moved to the xdm series for a few more rounds.
I still have xdtacticals in 45.
If you're on the fence about getting an xd, xd's are a bargain.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

FYI, the XD .45 and XDM .45 use the same magazines so the capacity is the same.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I stand corrected, after checking prices.
Damn Xd's are priced just like xdms! Based on the sites I checked.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Same here...9MM service model has ran like champ, been tempted to buy a 40 or 45.
Quoted:
I don't have any experience with the 45, but I have an XD9 service and it has eaten all of the steel cased ammo I have thrown its way. The only reason I don't shoot steel any more is because I reload.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top