Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2002 4:29:27 PM EDT
I posted this target in the HK forum too but for another reason.

http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/guns/mytarget.jpg

Now, I haven't been to the range since I had the modifications done.

It shoots much better and i'm not finished yet.

Keep in mind this is with the stock two piece barrel.

A trigger job really makes a difference as it wouldn't shoot quite this well before.

Here it is:
http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/guns/Springfield1911web.jpg
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice shooting, what was your course of fire?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The two piece barrel originally in mine shot as well as the compensated Centaur barrel system I have with it ($175), so I put it back in. I had a trigger like that installed for a while but found the original plastic one to be more comfortable, even after rounding it off, the adjustment hole bothered my finger. Its kinda neat, seeing improvments as modifications are made. I chose an adjustable sight for mine, as I use it only for target shooting, I like to really "dial it in" for any bullet type or range. I really thought they did away with the two piece bbl. years ago, guess not. I have a Wilson bbl. around, just in case.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The target was about 21feet away.

I believe they have done away with the two piece barrel but i've had mine for a few years and have just started modifying it recently.

I have more modifications to make, e.g. - sights, barrel, bushing, full length one-piece guide rod, then some cosmetics, finally to have it finished in Rogard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top