Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2013 5:06:25 AM EDT
I have 2 pistols (actually 3, but feel the Sig P226 is too large of a pistol for concealed carry) to choose from for concealed carry.......which one do I focus on?

I like the smaller size of the CZ, but like the added "safety" of the hand grip safety on the XD9.  

Thoughts?    Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a XD 9 compact, I carry it more often than say my Sig 1911 or my Sig 226....but If I have a jacket on I will mix it up some with the Sigs. Otherwise its the XD, and I always have them chambered. 1911 Has safety, 226 has heavy factory trigger and XD has safetys. So Im safe

Good taste BTW
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 5:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got 3 Springfields. I've carried all of them at one time. First gun I carried was my XD9 Stainless Service, and then I picked up my XD45Compact and carried it for a while, before I switched to my XDs. Great carry guns.

And I agree, you have good taste in guns...
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I never really was "into" handguns until my younger daughter showed interest in them......she wants to be a State Cop like one of my sisters.   I told her she's "too smart" (she is athletic and a 4.0 student) to be a cop, but she is still looking at it.    I say the "too smart" comment as a joke and simply want her to explore all her options, and the type of person she is, she has many.   She's a freshman in high school.

Anyway, wound up with the Springfield kinda out of the process of elimination.   Got the CZ first, then the Springfield, and then the Sig.   Wanted to find a good  shooter for my daughter, but she really didn't like the CZ since it is a bit snappy for her, have never shot the XD since I found the Sig right after I purchased the XD.  

So, my daughter really enjoys shooting the Sig (and, it's what my sister carries, although she carries the 40) and that's what I want her to shoot anyway, and I've got the CZ and XD for myself.

Need to obviously shoot the XD and see how I like it.   Such an awesome looking gun, but then again, I really like the CZ too, even if it has a little snap to it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got 3 Springfields. I've carried all of them at one time. First gun I carried was my XD9 Stainless Service, and then I picked up my XD45Compact and carried it for a while, before I switched to my XDs. Great carry guns.

Where did you put them all???
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have 2 pistols (actually 3, but feel the Sig P226 is too large of a pistol for concealed carry) to choose from for concealed carry.......which one do I focus on?

I like the smaller size of the CZ, but like the added "safety" of the hand grip safety on the XD9.  

Thoughts?    Thanks.

The one you shoot the best! I carry a XD45 Service the majority of the time. Started out with the full size XDm9 and still rotate that into my routine. However I prefer the 45 much more than my 9. Both carry well for full size pistols. A good belt and holster in the key, for IWB a Cross Breed Super Tuck is the ticket. I've made the change to OC over the last several months so if you can OC that is even better.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I never really was "into" handguns until my younger daughter showed interest in them......she wants to be a State Cop like one of my sisters.   I told her she's "too smart" (she is athletic and a 4.0 student) to be a cop, but she is still looking at it.    I say the "too smart" comment as a joke and simply want her to explore all her options, and the type of person she is, she has many.   She's a freshman in high school.

Anyway, wound up with the Springfield kinda out of the process of elimination.   Got the CZ first, then the Springfield, and then the Sig.   Wanted to find a good  shooter for my daughter, but she really didn't like the CZ since it is a bit snappy for her, have never shot the XD since I found the Sig right after I purchased the XD.  

So, my daughter really enjoys shooting the Sig (and, it's what my sister carries, although she carries the 40) and that's what I want her to shoot anyway, and I've got the CZ and XD for myself.

Need to obviously shoot the XD and see how I like it.   Such an awesome looking gun, but then again, I really like the CZ too, even if it has a little snap to it.

Shoot the XD first to see how you like it, but I bet it'll be at least a tad better than the CZ-82. I've owned both and feel the XD line to be great carry and HD firearms. Concealability wise, the CZ-82 would win but there are many choices in 9mm defense ammo for the XD as well as finding practice ammo on most shelves.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you put them all???

I read that statement as "at one time or another" but maybe he meant at the same time   Deep pockets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top