Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 9:24:31 PM EDT
Today, I encountered a NIB springfield p9 cz-75 clone in blued finish. I always liked the cz-75 and EAA witness family, however I know nothing about this gun. Do any of guys know if this gun is any good and what kind of reputation it may have. I am really interested in buting this gun, but I would like to get some more info on it before I hunker down and pick it up. Any input would be greatly appriciated!  
                                                                                                                                       dan
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It's manufactured by Tanfoglio of Italy, just like the EAA guns.  I have found them to be finished very well, and to be of high quality.  If the price is good, pick it up.  There are plenty of gunsmiths around who will work on it if something goes wrong, or if you want it customized (Evolution Gun Works comes to mind in Pa.).  They can be had for $350 -$450 new for a "stock" model, even lower for used.  There are quite a few variations, though, with long slides, factory comps, factory IPSC limited guns, etc.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info! I didn't know that tanfoglio made that p9, I have a EAA witness already and I like it . Now that I know the p9 was made buy a reputable company I will grab it. The gun is mint and was manufactured in 1989 with all papers in original box for $450. Plus the shop that has it is great to business with.   dan
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for you.  I've found that the P9s are finished even better than the EAAs, and usually have great triggers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top