Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 6:23:06 AM EDT
I wanted to know what brand and grain ammo yall shoot from your XD's.  I have been shooting Wolf 180 grain, but have had issues with duds and jamming.  The only reason I bought the wolf brands was because it was cheap.  What a mistake that was.  Wolf is filthy ammo IMO.  I even bought some for my AR and the crap that comes out of my barrel is just nasty.  It take me a twice as long to clean my guns when I shoot wolf.

btw...I have a XD40 and LOVE IT as much as my AR15  
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
remington UMC....was gonna switch to wolf for cheapness...then read all about yer problem and have decided against it....I may have to look into a 9mm conversion barrel so I can shoot cheaply.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot Winchester white box from Wal-mart out of my XD-9. 115g. FMJ. It's the cheapest ammo around. I haven't had any problems with it. Doesn't seem to be excessively dirty, etc. $11 for 100 rounds(for 9mm, 40 S&W & 45 ACP are both pretty cheap also).  
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I shoot Winchester white box from Wal-mart out of my XD-9. 115g. FMJ. It's the cheapest ammo around. I haven't had any problems with it. Doesn't seem to be excessively dirty, etc. $11 for 100 rounds(for 9mm, 40 S&W & 45 ACP are both pretty cheap also).  

That is what I have been shooting also. Through my pt99 and my AR (40 round value packs). Not bad ammo. 9mm's are cheaaaap. Thats the only reason I may get a SC9 instead of a .40. I think a 9mm hydra shock will stops all but the most cracked out of bad guys.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#4]
my reloads for plinking, and 155gr.  hornaday xtp, speer gold dots and magtechs golds for duty
in that order.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#5]
UMC works fine.

I avoid Wolf in my pistols.

I use it all the time in my AK though....it's sticky stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Winchester White Box. Inexpensive, but not cheap. Haven't had one problem so far and don't anticipate that I will.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Winchester white box, sometimes Speer Lawmans if I find them at a good price.  Gold dots for carry.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Remington UMC or WWB, I usually find both at a comparable price.

Word of advice: NEVER USE AMERICAN AMMUNITION (headstamp A-MERC).   It's the worst stuff ever; it leaves a coating of lead/copper in your barrel so thick that when you disassemble the gun to clean it you'd think you were shooting a smoothbore, only a really nasty, gritty smoothbore.  I thought it would be great for the price, and since it was slightly more expensive than Wolf, I figured "How bad can it be?"  Boy was I in for a surprise.  I guess the brass can be re-used (unlike the Wolf casings), and sometimes when you shoot the stuff, the primer cap falls off, resulting in TWO pieces of metal flying out of your ejection port!  This may aid reloading I suppose, but case in point, that ammo SUCKS ASS.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot Winchester White Box mainly sometimes I use Rem UMC for practice.
In my XD .40 I carry Win Ranger T180gr or Rem Golden Sabre 180gr all other calibers I carry Win Silver Tip (.38 .357 9mm)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top