Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 2:28:19 PM EDT
   I bought two boxes of Federal 9MM +P+ ammo for my XD9SC. I felt I would try 100 rounds and if they feed correctly use it for carry ammo. Comments? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any personal experience with this weapon.  However, just as long as you shot lots (hundreds of rounds) of some kind of ammo through it to break it in and estabolish reliability, you should be fine even shooting just 50 rounds through it (if you are concerned about damaging the beast...)

But, these little Croat autoloadah's do have a quite a reputation...  

I think you'll be fine, just don't order a skid of the stuff from ammoman!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
XD's aren't technically rated for +P+
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
XD's aren't technically rated for +P+

But they will shoot it.  Get ready for more recoil - both felt and perceived.  

I wasn't aware that the XD SC was not rated for +P+ ammo.  Damn, I've been using it.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get ready for more recoil - both felt and perceived.  

Uh... WTF???  They are the same, dude.  Better lay off those late night froliks with Mr. Hoppes #9 and just get some sleep!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't understand how it wouldn't be rated for +P+. The same frame is used for the 40 and 357 Sig correct??? I also sent an e-mail to Springfield with this question and will post the reply.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't understand how it wouldn't be rated for +P+. The same frame is used for the 40 and 357 Sig correct??? I also sent an e-mail to Springfield with this question and will post the reply.

from what Springfield has said in the past, they don't recommend running +P+
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Wierd how a Croatian pistol build for European 9mm ammo would not be +P+ rated.  9mm NATO which is a duplicate of European 9mm ammo is actually slightly higher is pressure than +P+ ammo.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wierd how a Croatian pistol build for European 9mm ammo would not be +P+ rated.  9mm NATO which is a duplicate of European 9mm ammo is actually slightly higher is pressure than +P+ ammo.  

it could be that Springfield is just trying to cover their asses, i've heard others say they have shot +P+ in the XD before.  i wouldn't do it though, it wear your pistol faster
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I just called Springfield and talked to customer service. The person I talked to said the 9mm XD is rated for +P+ and NATO loads.

(Asked about service length, not sure about subcompact)
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I like Gold Dot 147gr. HP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
The following is from Springfield on the XD9SC with +P+ loads.

+p would be fine in the sub, but I would steer away from +p+.

Thanks,

Brandy

Customer Service Department

Springfield Incorporated

420 W Main Street

Geneseo, Illinois 61254

800-680-6866

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#12]
NATO loads are +p+. Hmm, they make it in .40 also, andn .40 sure is high pressure.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
NATO loads are +p+. Hmm, they make it in .40 also, andn .40 sure is high pressure.

NATO loads are closer to +P.... in fact some NATO isnt as "hot" as 124gr Speer Gold Dot +P
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#14]
tagged.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Unless things have changed recently, the real reason for companies hedging their bets on "+P+" ammo is because there are no SAAMI specs that specifically define what this means, thus it is not really possible to predict what pressures may be generated. The US manufacturers managed to f**k a few guns early on but have finally down loaded the +P+ stuff to pressure levels similar to NATO ball, and any good 9mm should be able to handle a few now and then. If it is all you shoot, and you shoot a lot, it will cause a bit more wear at a faster rate. Remember, in most parts of the world, they don't actually shoot their pistols very much at all...100-200 rounds a year is a LOT of pistol shooting for most of the rest of the world! (Before some point out that this is not universally true, I would say that I fully recognize the fact that a few...very few...people or groups, etc. do get to shoot more than this, but, believe me, they are the exception)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top