Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 3:41:02 PM EDT
I am going to pick up a SA Mil Spec 5" parked

My main reason for this model over the loaded is that I personaly do not like the forward slide cuts.

So with that in mind and the fact that the MilSpec has a stainless bushing and barrel this is what i plan to add on. let me know your opinions and what your recommendations are for manufactuers and/or add ons.

My opinion and likes are that I think the following stainless items will look sharp on the parked gun since it already has the stainless bushing.

1) Wilson Combat Stainless beavertail
2) Wilson Combat skelantonized hammer
3) SA Trigger (same as Loaded model)
4) Pachmeyer american legend grips

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Lumpy

I did think about the extractor, however it was my understanding that the mil-spec had the improved extractor.

I will definatley put the wilson extractor on my list.  I may not have the$$$ to add in the first go around.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I kind of did the same, if you like I can post some pics of what I had to do to get a SA 1911 Mil spec reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top