Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 8:44:06 PM EDT
Like some other TRP owners I have experienced the issue with the Wilson magazines and the failure to lock back the slide.  Has anyone resolved this issue other than switching magazines?  I have tried switching the slide release with a Nighthawk Custom slide release, didn't help any and actually felt like it was more difficult to move the release.  The only other option that I have thought of, or heard of, is replacing the plunger tube spring, will try that one tomorrow if possible.  So anyone out there found a solution?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
my TRP dislikes Wilson and McCormicks from feeding to lock backs..selling them off and buying ShootStar mags only.
between some bad reloads bought from an aquaintance and missfeeds from mags in both my kimbers and my TRP, I give up..back to basics for me..

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#2]
my trp likes tripp research mags.  did not even like the springfield mags
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Had the same problem with my trp, switched to the ed brown hard core slide stop. This solved the problem...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes a mag follower & a slide lock just don't like each other. No real fault of one or the other, it's just that they didn't mate from an engineering perspective.

Find mags that work, leave the OEM stop in & never look back, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I never had a problem with my 8rd Wilson mags in my TRP
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
oldskool Shooting star mags with Wolff springs FTW.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Wilson ETM's work fine in all my Springfields
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Never had a problem with Wilson's in my TRP either
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
No problems with Wilsons either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top