Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 6:23:43 PM EDT
I was looking around for a Ruger Bisley of some sort as I need a parts donor for some changes I want to make to a 4 5/8 SBH, I stopped in one of the local shops and asked if he had any used Bisleys he had 3 in back and brought them out, there were (2) blued 7.5 " 45 Colts and (1) Bisley Hunter chambered for the 44 Magnum, all were like new and 1 of the 45's turned out to be a gun I traded in years ago, at any rate as I was looking these guns over he returned from the back with a box and said heres something you don't often see anymore, I opened the box and immediatley recognized the 5.5" 45 RH as I had traded it in in March of 07 this is probably the only D/A Revolver I have ever really warmed up to and I knew I would regret getting rid of it, I asked about it shortly after I had traded it and he had said he must of sold it as he didn't see it around and I just forgot about it. This particular 45 RH was my third (I go thru a lot of guns ) my first 2 had all the problems that seem to go with RHs from that time frame, but the third was an exceptional gun with exceptional fit and finish and none of the quirks. This gun was what they all should be when it left the factory. I took a pretty good beating getting it back but I'm happier with this deal than anything else I've done in a while. BTW I will probably have to buy the Bisley Hunter also as I still need a stainless Bisley griprame, hammer , trigger and 2 upper bolts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was looking around for a Ruger Bisley of some sort as I need a parts donor for some changes I want to make to a 4 5/8 SBH, I stopped in one of the local shops and asked if he had any used Bisleys he had 3 in back and brought them out, there were (2) blued 7.5 " 45 Colts and (1) Bisley Hunter chambered for the 44 Magnum, all were like new and 1 of the 45's turned out to be a gun I traded in years ago, at any rate as I was looking these guns over he returned from the back with a box and said heres something you don't often see anymore, I opened the box and immediatley recognized the 5.5" 45 RH as I had traded it in in March of 07 this is probably the only D/A Revolver I have ever really warmed up to and I knew I would regret getting rid of it, I asked about it shortly after I had traded it and he had said he must of sold it as he didn't see it around and I just forgot about it. This particular 45 RH was my third (I go thru a lot of guns ) my first 2 had all the problems that seem to go with RHs from that time frame, but the third was an exceptional gun with exceptional fit and finish and none of the quirks. This gun was what they all should be when it left the factory. I took a pretty good beating getting it back but I'm happier with this deal than anything else I've done in a while. BTW I will probably have to buy the Bisley Hunter also as I still need a stainless Bisley gripframe, hammer , trigger and 2 upper bolts.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was looking around for a Ruger Bisley of some sort as I need a parts donor for some changes I want to make to a 4 5/8 SBH, I stopped in one of the local shops and asked if he had any used Bisleys he had 3 in back and brought them out, there were (2) blued 7.5 " 45 Colts and (1) Bisley Hunter chambered for the 44 Magnum, all were like new and 1 of the 45's turned out to be a gun I traded in years ago, at any rate as I was looking these guns over he returned from the back with a box and said heres something you don't often see anymore, I opened the box and immediatley recognized the 5.5" 45 RH as I had traded it in in March of 07 this is probably the only D/A Revolver I have ever really warmed up to and I knew I would regret getting rid of it, I asked about it shortly after I had traded it and he had said he must of sold it as he didn't see it around and I just forgot about it. This particular 45 RH was my third (I go thru a lot of guns ) my first 2 had all the problems that seem to go with RHs from that time frame, but the third was an exceptional gun with exceptional fit and finish and none of the quirks. This gun was what they all should be when it left the factory. I took a pretty good beating getting it back but I'm happier with this deal than anything else I've done in a while. BTW I will probably have to buy the Bisley Hunter also as I still need a stainless Bisley gripframe, hammer , trigger and 2 upper bolts.

Sorry guys, don't know how I managed all this.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry guys, don't know how I managed all this.

Tee Hee

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top