Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:12:50 PM EDT
while hanging out with my father today, he brought up a revolver i have shot in the past. its a hi standard double nine 22.
it hasnt worked right since he remembers.  the double action spins the cylinder, but doesn't fire the hammer. you can also turn the cyl by hand.  if you use it single action it works perfect, seems like timing is right though.  allways goes the the right place.  

he told me the story of when my grandfather was showing him the action stoped working and kept pulling the trigger and the cyl would turn but the hammer wouldnt  work, well thats untill it did catch putting a 22 short in the floor a few inches away from my grandmothers foot.  
well im guessing some 30 years later its still not fixed.   i told him i would see what i could find out about the gun..

i dont know anything about hi standard.    anyone point me in the right direction on maybe what could be wrong with it or maybe theres a mail in gunsmith that works on them. total lack of anything local.   anyone know how to look up build dates  . the serial number 1153xxx     has a w101 stamped in the side.  
ant help would be great.
thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
1153xxx is a 1960 model year, which is also pointed out by the 101, which was made from 1959 to 1960.

Home > Manufacturers > High Standard > Revolvers > Double Nine W-101

I would contact a good gunsmith to see what, if anything, can be done.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not familiar with the internals of H&R revolvers, but if it were a S&W, the double action sear would need to be replaced. You might have a look at the Numrich website linked above to see if they have an exploded parts drawing and/or parts available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top