Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:12:53 PM EDT
Have opportunity to buy a Colt Cobra .357 mag.  Are they a good quality revolver and what would be a reasonable sale price?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They are great revovlers-make sure it is stainmess & not nickle
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Price?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are great revovlers-make sure it is stainmess & not nickle

I think the next question would be, are you sure it is not a King Cobra?  those are stainless.  If we are talking .357mag, that is the likely.

Fair price depends on size of barrel, condition, and if the box is provided.

The King Cobra tend to get more money than their blued brother, the Trooper Mark III.  A good "shooter" is going to sell for around $500-$700.  A 95%+ gun will go for $750 - $850.  LNIB of NIB will bend your card for $900+.

The prices I see are a little ridiculous for what is essentially a stainless Trooper, which commonly sell for $350-$500 for a shooter or $600-$700 for a safe queen.  If you can get a price that is better than listed above, I'd hop on it.  It is a good gun.

The King Cobra is probably the strongest .357 mag when compared to the Ruger GP100 and S&W 586/686.  It is also slightly smaller than those two competitors.  Accurate as you can make a gun, and built with Colt quality and detail, unless the majority of it was made during the strikes, which is usually pretty obvious.    The only weak-point, (if you could call it that) on them is the firing pin.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, Colt will still work on these guns if they have the parts.  If it goes out of timing, you will be in good shape.

They are not rare, but certainly not as common as a Ruger or S&W, so they are at least interesting and different.  And, right now, anything with a Colt pony on it is gaining value every day.  If it is a good price, pick it up before someone else does.  There will be a day when you won't be able to find these things easily at all.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a great revolver. I loved mine but sold it for $475 last year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top