Posted: 9/20/2003 10:22:38 PM EDT
Who makes it?

I am thinking in terms of the following:

- Current production

- CCW particularly as a backup

- Fit & Finish
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
For current production I'd lean towards the Smith 625 with a 3-4" barrel. In general, I'd prefer the M-25 over the 625 but that is only because there are so many nice ones available at very reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
My Taurus Tracker is pretty nice; though I haven't shot is enough to give a total breakdown, it is accurate, has a nice clean trigger pull and the stock grips are very comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the S&W 625 and the earlier 25's.

None of them are small enough for what I'd consider a back up to a primary weapon.

Their Scandium snub version is still an N-frame.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Dan Wesson's .45acp revolvers...you can change barrel lengths.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You must be one helluva big dude to even consider carrying an N-frame size revolver as a backup!  Most of us can't even conceal one as a primary ccw handgun.  How 'bout an auto (officer's size Colt, Kimber, Springfield)?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll bet that this is a kicking somebody.

Nice grips though!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You must be one helluva big dude to even consider carrying an N-frame size revolver as a backup!  Most of us can't even conceal one as a primary ccw handgun.  How 'bout an auto (officer's size Colt, Kimber, Springfield)?

Nah, not really. My main carry is a Para C7SN and I was entertaining the prospect of a revolver that uses the same ammo. I would carry it on the ankle if necessarry. This is more of a fascination with the .45ACP revolver with the backup as a fringe benefit. I live in a hot climate and the revolver on my ankle is generally out until late fall/winter. By then (jacket season) I can carry my Para P14 in the shoulder rig, with the C7 as backup in the IWB holster. The Revolver would likely become a glovebox gun & I'd move the current one (.357) over to my GF's car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top