Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2007 3:20:27 PM EDT
I have a Scandium framed .357 with the 3' barrel. love the weight, or lack there-of, but the recoil limits range time to 20-30 rds.
Has anyone sent one off to get Magna Ported?  
The barrel is Scanduim with a steel liner. Any issues porting this?
Were the results worth the $ ?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Taggage.

I want a 386, but they need to make one with a SS 4" barrel and cylinder.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't do ports on a defensive revolver.  The last thing you want is hot gases/powder in your face if you have to shoot from a retention hold.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]

I magna ported a 44MAG 329PD, took the bite right out. It is still not controllable but it is no were near as painful I highly recommend it, also looks cool. Similar to an auto loader the cuts on the sleeve are larger than the cuts on the barrel. Magna port can also do a trigger job and anything else you may need.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a 681 4" magna-ported back in the day. Muzzle flip was WAY reduced. I also agree that a CCW gun probably shouldn't be ported.

My .o2  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top