Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2001 4:04:25 PM EDT
Hi All,
Got an old S&W 29-2 that's been great 'til recently.

When using, fire "1", but then skips to next shot "3". Sent it back to S&W twice. Once they "repaired yoke", and other did something to the "hand."

Only shoot factory ammo from sporting goods/Wal-Mart, and am afraid of a kaboom.

Should I send it to Smith again, or some S&W expert?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds as if your cylinder hand (pawl) and cylinder stop (Bolt stop) are out of time with each other. Are the bolt cut outs in the cylinder worn? The steel may need to be peened back in. Your old 29 is known for this problem, as the bolt stop is a little to small for that heavy a cylinder. Any reputable 'smith should be able to cure this problem.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd send it back to the factory. That way if they have to replace a major part (cylinder)they already have one to hand. I would call or e-mail the repair shop & make them aware that this is a **recurring** problem & you wish for it to be repaired correctly! My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top