Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 4:29:54 PM EDT
There is a 5 1/2" performance center 625 in 45acp shown in the catalogue but I have not seen one. It looks to have the shortest cylinder yet. The photo in the catalogue does not show any special barrel flat side treatment, only modified underlug, and the cool set back cyl.
Could this be worth the substantial difference over a standard 625? Will future 625's have the set back cyl.? New age cheapness -trigger/hammer?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen it but would be happy with either one, plain vanilla or with the whipped cream and the cherry on top.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:46:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The newest 625 will have MIM parts (which don't bother me) and the frame lock (which does bother me).  There are a lot of interetsing general production PC guns coming out. I almost talked myself into the 627-8 PC that's sitting used in a local shop.

This is my PC 625. 3", DAO, unfluted cylinder, chambered for 45 LC +P, and milled for full moon clips so it will also shoot 45 ACP, 45 WinMag, and 460 Rowland. Second 45 LC +P only cylinder was included. Somebody else paid the 4 figure price ta; I got it as part of a trade. Great little (for an N frame) gun.

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet piece!
SorryOccifer
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got my 625 back from S&W this week.  I had 'em put on a 4" barrel (I got mine two months ago NIB, but it had a 5" tube...illegal for IDPA).  It's a "model of 1989" so no keylock (Thank God).  I love it!  I just can't decide whether to send it to Alan Tanaka or Scott Mulkerin to have 'em do their magic on it.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just have a Model 25 Blue in 45LC 6"

625 looks nice...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top