Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 5:46:50 PM EDT
I wanted to add a revolver for a 'bedside' gun and put my Glock 17 somewhere else.  Anyone have one of these?  Never held one before and I'm looking for feedback...

From my visual take on it alone...

I like:
The fact that it's a revolver....
8 round capacity
Top rail

I don't like:
the lower accessory rail being so close to the muzzle, looks awkward to reach.
lack of night sights

Model 327 M&P R8 - 8 Shot, .357 Magnum Revolver
Revolver Reliability with .357 Magnum Power
Configuration Flexibility
Integral Accessory Picatinny Style Rail for Lights or Lasers
Removable Picatinny-Style Mount for Optics
Crisp Single Action
Smooth Double Action with Wolff Mainspring and Traditional Sear
Polished Button Polygonal Rifling
Precision Barrel Forcing Cone
Optimum Barrel Cylinder Gap
2 Full Moon Clips
Chamfered Charge Holes
Ball Detent Lock-up
Aluminum PC Gun Case

When serious collectors and demanding shooters want the very best handguns, they turn to Smith & Wesson's Performance Center®. Known the world over for their unique design and uncompromising quality, Smith & Wesson's master gunsmiths build each handgun from the ground up – combining old-world hand-craftsmanship with modern technology to create extremely accurate, high performance models designed for the most demanding shooters. Contact your Smith & Wesson dealer to discuss the availability of these superb, limited edition handguns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't have one, but I have held one, and really liked it.

It's actually one of the guns that I would like to buy one of these days.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
for the price of that gun you can buy another glock 17 a couple high cap mags and a
light/laser mount!

i would rather have another G17.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I see it as a waste of time.

The current S&W revolvers are just shells of their former selves. Different lock work, stupid trigger, lock, etc.... Also a light rail on a wheel gun shot doesn't for for me. but that's my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
from what i have seen and heard these things are nice. writeup about it in a gun mag last month actually. Went to the store to check it out, and found that they have been selling like crazy, and its gona take my dealer, one of the top 25 smith dealers in the country, over a month to get more in. I also am looking for one for bedside like you. . .to me it makes sence. Id say its worth it for the price, cant wait to pick mine up.

Pat
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:30:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the general design, but I have a 360 kit gun and don't intend to buy another aluminum frame gun. I did get the 627. 5", 8shot, stainless N frame. For me, much better than the aluminum frame. Mine is very accurate and has a great trigger.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if it weren't for the 8 round capacity I'd look elsewhere.  I could go without the accessory rail.  It's so far forward I wonder it a bipod would be a better attachment than a light!

Does any other revolver have an 8 shot capacity in 357/38?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
from what i have seen and heard these things are nice. writeup about it in a gun mag last month actually.

Has a gun mag ever written anything bad about any gun they've "tested"???
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from what i have seen and heard these things are nice. writeup about it in a gun mag last month actually.

Try Gun Tests Magazine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, if it weren't for the 8 round capacity I'd look elsewhere.  I could go without the accessory rail.  It's so far forward I wonder it a bipod would be a better attachment than a light!

Does any other revolver have an 8 shot capacity in 357/38?

Taurus makes one.  It is on the Buds Gun Shop Website.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try Gun Tests Magazine.

+1 Good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top