Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2006 11:41:28 PM EDT
Any experiences with the mini revolver?

I'm intrigued by it's size. Is it just a toy? Or does it have potential as a reliable plinker or last resort defense?
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the opinion a fella at the last gun show gave my wife when she was caressing one:  "I guess if you didn't have a good knife on you, you could stick it in their gut and pull the trigger".

I think they're more of a play piece than anything worth of real self defense consideration - but I guess if you're the type of guy who wears a thong at the beach, and needs to be armed while you're doing it...it might work.

ETA:  I don't own one.  My long departed father had one, or something similar, that sat in a drawer for about 20 years before he gave it away to a friend.
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had mine for 14 years – .22 LR, 1 5/8" barrel. I can put a round into anyone's head at 10 yards. – Try that with a knife!

I have carried it many times when its' concealability was the prime factor. I use CCI Stingers, which yield 1078 fps from it.

I added a NAA Guardian in .32 ACP a few years ago and it tends to get carried more than the Mini, but there are times when only the Mini will do.
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I was seriously considering one for a pocket pistol but after trying out a P3AT at a local range I gave up on the NAA and went Keltec.
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have what I think is the best model, the .22mag 5-shot with the folding plastic handle that doubles as the grip & clip.

Yes, they're not overpowering. Yes, they're not tackdrivers at 25 yards. However, they are nice for a low-key back-up piece or a carry piece if one is dressed in a suit, for example.

I mostly use mine for summer time when I may have on only a pair of shorts, like walking on the beach. NAA makes nicely made guns, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the shorter version of the black widow with regular wood grips in 22mag and a 22mag/22LR combo model with the 1 5/8" barrel. Good onion field insurence. Lotsa fun but slow to reload. They are also EXTREMELY loud. The report is VERY sharp even with the LRs. They are a short range, last ditch weapon and range toy. The women I have shown them to always comment on how cute they are...

S.O.
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Let me share a laugh.

Pulled mine from my pocket one day to put away. There was a large ball of lint hanging from the muzzle.

Would that have been formable, or what???

And yes, they are damn cute!
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
It can be carried safely fully loaded with the hammer resting on a cylinder notch between cartridges.  There's no trigger guard, but it's single-action only.
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I've put one (can't decide between the LR mand Mag versions) on my list of guns to buy next. I've seen some very nice pocket holsters for them that would make them extremely easy to conceal.

Of course I'd rather be packing a .45, but I'm of the school that ANY gun on you, is better than the BEST gun at home in the safe.

Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Experiences with NAA .22lr?    

None what so ever !

Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Of course I'd rather be packing a .45, but I'm of the school that ANY gun on you, is better than the BEST gun at home in the safe.

+1
Carry mine every day..even when carrying my full size H&K. It does seem to gobble up pocket lint.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I have had the 22lr and now have the 22mag.  I did not like the holster grip...too many sharp edges.  These are definately not plinkers, but do have some last ditch defense merit.  Very concealable, moderately accurate and they seem to be well made.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up a .22mag with the 1-1/8 barrel. I live in south Florida and prefer the shorts & t-shirt on my time off so concealing the 5" 1911 can be a pain. :) Definitely not something I would stake my life on, but hopefully it give me some time to get to the 1911. :)
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#15]
At least they are small and don't have much of front sight, so it shouldn't hurt too much coming out after the BG crams it in your ass.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#16]
i always feel like im gonna drop it. its a great gun for what it is, i carry it with cci stingers and a spyderco civilian when i run, that and my creative mini zen! it goes with me everywhere now, and i always feel better in akward circumstances when i can just put my hand in my pocket and have a gun and not just a dick and 2 balls
CAsoldier
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I carry a .22wmr in a Hedley Pocket holster every day. I added NAA's large rubber grips and they make a huge difference in shooting.
Yes, these little buggers do collect alot of lint but that's what this big can of compressed air is for.
Oh, I almost forgot. IF you ever have any quality issues the folks at NAA are some of the nicest you will ever deal with!
I had a bent cylinder pin(holds the cylinder in the frame) I called them and they sent me a new one no questions asked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top