Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 11:52:33 AM EDT
My friends GF just bought her first gun, a Taurus .22 revolver w/4" bbl and adjustable sights. We shot it alot this weekend. Its a 9 shot. Just about every cylinder one round would not go off, different cylinder holes each time.
The strikes are small compared to my 22 wheelguns.
Can the mainspring be adjusted to increase the hammer strength?
It shoots 100% in single action.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Have the same issue with Taurus 96, the mid frame size.  The hammer spring can be adjusted.  Its a coil spring and there is a little nut on the end of the hammer strut that can be moved up or down as needed.

Since I shoot my single action most of the time I haven't bothered to mess with it.  Bought mine used and I suspect the former owner dialed it down to lighten the trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top