Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2006 11:01:11 AM EDT
Good ankle gun? I'm thinking of that in a Renegade Cozy partner inside my boot for work...
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one,it's my hot weather pocket carry CCW.It is what it is,meaning short barrel w/short sight radius and not fun to plink with.Reliable like all smith's but be careful what you use to clean it with the finish will come off the alum frame.CLP (breakfree) is what most recommend and what I use.They are designed to be carried a lot and shot little ,save the Plus P ammo for carry only.

Edited to add-pick up some Bainchi Speed Strips,they are a great way to carry spare ammo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
So, 158 grain lead is good for practice?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I use my 637 for exactly that, an ankle rig.  I use a Desantis leather ankle holster and its a real treat to carry - took about 2 days to get used to but now I can carry it for 12 hours without even thinking its there.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top