Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:13:40 PM EDT
I have very little expierence with revolvers. It looks like I might be going to a FBI Firearms Instuctor course. You have to shoot a revolver for this course.

I'm thinking about a 4" S&W Model 66. Or maybe ever a Model 19.

I want a decent gun, but I do not want to sink a lot of money in it, since it will basically only be used for this one course.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have to be .38/.357 caliber?  If you don't have to carry it around every day I prefer the N or L frame S&W's as they are more durable with full power loads than the K frame.  In the N Frame you can also choose calibers like .41mag, .44spl/.44mag & .45acp.  If you are doing a lot of double action shooting and reloads you can't beat a Model 625 in .45acp with full moon clips.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking get a .357 and shoot .38's in it. I really don't want one but I'm going to need one for this course.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy (MPD Detective) is going through that course right now.  He's strictly an auto guy, so I let him borrow one of my revolvers (S&W 3" 586 RB) before the qualification to get used to it.  He qualified with it and is using it (this week and next week, IIRC) for the actual course.

The only downside is that he really likes it and I may never see it again.

How long until you'll have to qualify?  I've got a 4" 19N SB that I could let you borrow - it seems silly for you to have to buy one just for the course.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Late October.

Thanks HardShell. I'm strictly and auto guy also.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Late October.

Thanks HardShell. I'm strictly and auto guy also.

Plenty of time.  I'll bring it to the May FOP shoot if you're going to be there - if not, I'm up your way often enough & I'll get it to you.

ETA:

The one I'm talking about is 2nd from the bottom on the right.  I'll take off the fancy wood grips and put some rubber Pachs on there for you.  (The one above it is the one my buddy down here borrowed.)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top