Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 7:26:15 PM EDT
I just bought this on Sat.  It is in excellent shape.  I shot 50rds of .38 through it yesterday without a problem.  I then cleaned it and put it in the safe.  Well when I took it out today to show to a friend and the cylinder would not swing out.  It took a good whack on the right side to get it so swing out.  I took the side plate off and can not see any obvious problems.  I am not an expert on revolvers but I can't figure it out.  I think it might have something to with the part of the cylinder that locks into the rear of weapon where the firing pin comes through. I know this is not the proper names of the parts.  Any help will be very helpfull.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the locking lug under the barrel that snaps into the end of the ejector rod stuck? It sould move in and out easy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Ikor that is what the problem was.  I was getting kind of worried that I had just wasted money on a broken gun. Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I had that problem with my 66 once:

The ejector had accumilated gunpowder underneath it.

Push the ejector out all the way and make sure there's no crun between it and
the cylinder...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I had that exact problem once--scratched my head big time on this one--turned out to be a bristle from a phosphur bronze "tooth brush" that made its way down into the 'yoke' hole of the cylinder (where the ejector rod threads onto the star)---in othe words, I always remove the cylinder/yoke from the frame during cleaning and use the bronze brush on the front face of the cylinder--one bristle made its way down there, and when sliding the cylinder back onto the yoke, it pushed it to the bottom. Shows how tight the tolerances are, cylinder would not close without EXTREME force due to the thickness of the bristle (and of course you never want to force something like that). Put a dab of grease on a dental pick and removed it--all was well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
tag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top