Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 3:39:16 PM EDT
I have a Dan Wesson .357 with a 6" barrel,  the first time i took it to the range everthing worked fine at first but as the day went on it started to not want to cycle properly.  Shooting it in DA it will work fine for about 3-4 rounds and then it is like the clinder is draging or some thing you have to help the cylinder rotate to toh next round and then it fires normaly.  I have checked it ut for every thing i can think of so i come to the vast knolage here for some advice.

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no expert but check under the ejector star. Sometimes it can build up crud in there and slow down the cylender.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a classic sign of grit, burned powder particles, or dirt under the ejector.

Revolvers are prone to get a tiny bit of something under the ejector and this gets embedded into the metal, causing the cylinder to drag or have a "tight spot".
People look and don't see anything, and clean the area, but miss the tiny bit of grit embedded.

Get a toothbrush, lift the ejector up, and give both the rear face of the cylinder where the ejector seats, and the front face of the ejector a GOOD scrubbing.

Also check the front face of the cylinder and the rear of the barrel for buildup that may be causing the cylinder to drag.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
hay thanks for the help ill get right on that,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top