Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:53:38 PM EDT
My grandfather has a Ruger Security Six made in 1976 in perfect condition.  Its been a safequeen all its life.  I was just curious if it was worth anything.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
In '76, some of the Rugers were rollmarked with a bi-centennial banner on them---does this one have it? Is it blued or stainless? Original box? These are all variables that play into values.
Even though they have been out of production so long, values have not jumped like others.

A plain old nice stainless Sec. 6 will bring about $325 in this area now--prices are starting to climb a bit, finally. I currently only  have 1 4" stainless model, and will always have at least one.
Last year I had 4 of them, but sold off 3 so I could purchase earlier version S&W revolvers---
PRE-lock, PRE-MIM parts versions--prices on them have been skyrocketing due to people hating the changes on the new ones.
Sec. 6's are true workhorses, and eat mag ammo for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea its a stainless one.  I have yet to see it so I dont know any details.  He doesnt know anything about guns he just owns it.  Im hoping he will just give it to me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If your grandfather gives it to you--then its priceless, keep it forever.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
If you sell it to me, I will keep it forever.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you sell it to me, I will keep it forever.

WHY???  Whats a Canadian going to do with a handgun?? Don't they like let you have one bullet a month, and your .gov picks shooters up with the short bus to take you to the range to shoot that one round off? Just leave the handguns to us Americans while some of us still can use/carry them

J/K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top