Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 11:02:29 AM EDT
It has the adjustable rear site so I don't think it should be too tough to mount.

I've seen scopes mounted there before in pics.
What are some good red dot scopes and short range pistol scopes that will work on an S&W 686?

Is it even really worth it?

discuss

thx
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah.

They're so doggone accurate that if you do YOUR part, you'll hit your target every time.

Save your money and get more ammo or a reloader.

HH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:57:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The newer 686 revolvers have been drilled and tapped for a scope mount.  If yours is one of these, you'de be able to see the holes in the top strap when you open the cylinder and look.  S&W for sure sells a mount for them as do some other manufacturors.   I have a Tasco Pro Point on one of my Ruger MKII 22 rimfires, but have not tried any on the wheelguns.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've decided it's fine as is.

Boy it sure is accurate with 38s

I'd really like to do a reloader but I don't really have room to reload in my 2 bedroom apt with my girlfriend!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd really like to do a reloader but I don't really have room to reload in my 2 bedroom apt with my girlfriend!

Lose the GF!!

Just kidding.    
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]
hehehehe funny guy!

seriously though even if I did I think theres some kind of fire code against storing powder in an apartment or other multi family residence.

I'm a little leery of having a big old bottle of powder in my closet too. Probably unreasonably so but at this point it's a non issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top