Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 4:48:29 AM EDT
Does anyone own or have any experience with the Taurus Titanium 45 ACP revolver? Im looking at picking one up.

How about ANY experience with taurus titanium revolers or taurus revolvers?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I put 50 rounds through a freinds 45ACP titanium Taurus a week ago. It looks well built and the moon clips made it fast to load. I wasnt partial to the recoil, it bucks like a .357 Mag with fairly hot loads. If your used to shooting 45 autopistols you may be suprised by the kick. The recoil is managable but not what you would expect.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in .44 mag, I love it.  It kicks a bit, but I bought if for carry in the woods, and I barely notice it on my hip.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one of the 415Ti 2.5" .41 magnums. At 21 ounces, it was feisty. The .45 ought to be perfect.

Frankly, I wasn't super impressed with the fitting and construction of the Total Ti Taurus revolver (particularly that of the star on the back of the cylinder that the hand engages to turn the cylinder), but the gun always worked fine. And, since I paid $299 for it, brand spanking new, it struck me as a good deal for a "fun gun." I hiked with it, and it was pleasant to carry. The trigger was fine but not good, and the gun was decently accurate but not especially so.

I don't know. I'm old enough experienced enough and comfortable enough now to say things like, "Gee, I really prefer things of higher quality than this." But the Taurus works. So, I guess it's one of those, "You get what you pay for," deals. Personally, I don't think Taurus revolvers are for me (after owning two of them), but if funds are limited they might be just the thing for you.

If you're looking for something that reeks of quality, though, you'll be disappointed.

Hope this was of help.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Taurus Tracker, 6.5" barrel, 45acp with moon clips.  I was on their website the other day and noticed that they are discontinuing all or most of their 45 revolvers.  I love the looks of the Trackers and mine can shoot rings around my pistols at the range.  

The last time I went to an outdoor range, they had the 25 yard range closed for maintenance.  we had to shoot at the 50 yard range.  Fortunately I brought my Traker along and did pretty well with it.  At that range, I would have looked pretty bad with either of my pistols.

I keep thinking to myself...if I were ever caught up in a riot situation, that Tracker with the 6.5" barrel would look awfully intimidating to anyone near me......
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I can only tell you that the Model 85 .38 I have shoots as well as I do.  I have had it for about 15 years, never any problem.  I have sent my XD back to Springfield a couple of times, but never my Taurus.  I just got a CTC grip and now up to 35 yards in the daylight I can hit the 10 and 9 ring from 35 yards.  With a snubby!  I think Taurus makes a fine revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top