Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2002 10:51:23 AM EDT
Does anyone else find that the Colt D frames are a great compromise between the Smith J frames and their larger K frames?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It's the perfect gun.  At least it's what I carry.  I've also foudn my 4" "D" frames to be a better size for .38s than a K frame 4".  Now .357, or a steady diet of +P, I think I'll up to K frame.  Right now I'm trying to find a good price on a Cobra or Agent so I can get a bit lighter on the hip.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
How about some of the E frames? I find that they are near ideal.

From the top, M-19 K (K frame), DS (D frame), Colt Army Special (E frame), M-28 (N frame).

Link Posted: 12/2/2002 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I've owned a couple "E" frames, but I never caught on to them.  I suppose I just never really liked the old style half-moon sight, or more likely the girp.  Size wise they're a great gun, but I'd say the more modern steel probably has the edge on them.  

One Army special I really liked was a .32-20 that I bought for my dad on his birthday.  It was made in the same year he was born.  That gun/caliber combination is a really fun one to shoot.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Police Positive in 32-20.It was pretty tight.Alot I've seen on the D frame were pretty loose.Maybe some of the old rile-only rounds found there way into them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top