Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:38:51 PM EDT
My 1978 Python, 6in barrel, came home after 19 years.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't a Colt Python the gun of choice for P.I. AJ Simon???
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a chance to buy a NIB one 6"barrel, unturned with the box still in excellent shape  ,for $750 two years ago. dumbass
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No I think he used a  stainless smith.

Hutch carried a Python.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I traded for a 6 inch Python in the royal blue finish about 15 years ago.I have owned many different .357 revolvers,but this by far is the smoothest and most accurate revolver I have ever shot.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two, a 6 inch and 4 inch. I have owned them for 15 or 20 years. The 4 inch is unfired. Both are incredibly smoooth and the six inch is very accurate. The checkering on the original grips stings your hand when using full house loads. I have several Smith revolvers, but none feel or point as well as the Python or it's little brother the Diamondback.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one, but it's not ready for photos. Found it at McBride's, in Austin. $325. Why so low? Because the doofus who owned it before me had left it where it would rust, probably in a holster, but there are large corrosion pits all over. Then it was refinished with some sort of Metalife finish over the rust pits. So, it's a project gun. I have gathered a new sideplate, new barrel (went with a 3" barrel to replace the 4", just because) and new cylinder. There will still be one corrosion pit on the frame, but I can't do much about that.

I would have loved to have Reeves Junkind put things right, but apparently he's retired. I guess I'll ask Cylinder and Slide to do the honors. I just need to finish saving up the $$$ and decide what finish I should go with. Given that there's that one noticeable blem, what do y'all recommend for a refinish?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got Python 357Rem Mag 6" matte SS bought NIB in 1983 for a princely sum of $629(includes tax & DROS) out the door, $579 was the on the tag.  This gun was bought at the infamous B&B Gun in N. Hollywood where the shoot-out between the LAPD and a 2 bank robbers a few years ago.

A 38Rem Spl nickeled 8" NIB for $795.  I bought this gun when my son was born it will be a gift to my son when he turns 21.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Have a '77 myself, 6" blue with Hogue smooth wood finger groove grips. An absolute pleasure to shoot. Inherited from my wife's grandfather 'bout  8 years ago.

edited to add pic

Nick
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Have a '77 myself, 6" blue with Hogue smooth wood finger groove grips. An absolute pleasure to shoot. Inherited from my wife's grandfather 'bout  8 years ago.

www.hunt101.com/img/372303.jpg

edited to add pic

Nick

Very nice, My Houge grips are on backorder, CocoBolo.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/372303.jpg</a>

edited to add pic

Nick

Very nice, My Houge grips are on backorder, CocoBolo.....

Look at wicked grips.  They mostly have 1911 grips, but he'll make them for whatever.  I have my NAA mini-revolver's grips over there right now.  He could really do some wonders with Python grips!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a couple.

Nickel:

Hard chromed:

1shott.....you still changing the litter box regularly for your kitty....?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

1shott.....you still changing the litter box regularly for your kitty....?

Nope, it is a outside kitty now, strange how the wildlife in my area has disappeared....

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Brainonsigs:  Who did the hard chrome...looks great.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Can someone tell me how you tell what year the Python was manufactured.  I have a blue 6 inch that I purchased in the 80's used but dont know when it was manufactured.  I noticed that some of you did not purchase your pythons new but know the year it was manufactured.

Nice Pythons.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Can someone tell me how you tell what year the Python was manufactured.  I have a blue 6 inch that I purchased in the 80's used but dont know when it was manufactured.  I noticed that some of you did not purchase your pythons new but know the year it was manufactured.

Nice Pythons.  

This site may help you, proofhouse.com/colt/
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm still puzzled as to how to attach a picture.

I have a 6 inch python that I got from my dad.  Made in the sixties, trigger job, probably worth a mint.  It's priceless to me though.  It was my dad's pride and joy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm still puzzled as to how to attach a picture.

I have a 6 inch python that I got from my dad.  Made in the sixties, trigger job, probably worth a mint.  It's priceless to me though.  It was my dad's pride and joy.

You need to host the pic somewhere. I use fototime.com/ Cost about $25 per year.

Then upload to thier site. Click on the pic you want to show everyone, then click on the creat link tab, copy the link, then paste it here on Arf.com, be sure to use the img  tags.

Easy as all get out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No, but the coolest man to ever sling a wheelgun on the small screen carried a Python. Hawk, on Spenser for Hire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top